Welcome text

Not ignoring the big things, just enjoying the little things.

Friday, July 2, 2010

What's Your Dream 4th of July?

I feel like things are a lot cooler in rural areas of the country. I've have this romantic concept of shooting cans in my backyard that butts up to a forest/lake, and then going "fishing" in traditional American style - with dynamite.




I feel like growing up in the suburbs has severely stunted my growth. I never had the opportunities to hurt myself and my fellow Americans in spectacular ways the way kids from, say, Ohio could (side-note, apparently it is illegal to arrest someone on the 4th of July in Ohio, or on a Sunday for that matter.)

I'm wondering what I can do to finally get those experiences I missed as a child, even though I'm still living in the 'burbs (I feel like I'm having a much less-creepy Michael Jackson moment right now). So, here are some things I'd do on the 4th of July if I could:

  • Find a beaten up pickup truck and a semiautomatic weapon. Tie the steering wheel so it's constantly turning right, and put a brick on the gas pedal. Then proceed to take potshots at the truck until it a) blows up, or b) stops running.
  • Go fishing, with dynamite.
  • Have a BBQ involving "unconventional" methods of cooking meat.
  • Shoot stuff.
That's what I would do on the 4th of July if I had access to weaponry/explosives. What would you do?

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Fishing with dynamite. I'd also like to know what BBQing in "unconventional" ways means. Like a blow torch? That would be sweet. Hope you have a great Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left it open to interpretation. I'll see your blow torch and raise you a flamethrower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. go surfing and watch the fireworks from the ocean

    ReplyDelete