Welcome text

Not ignoring the big things, just enjoying the little things.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things I Like: Lakes

If there's any water-based feature of Northern California I like most, it's lakes. Lakes trump beaches in NorCal because they're actually tolerable. Somehow, snow runoff is warmer than NorCal ocean water. Don't ask me how this is possible.

A great thing about our lakes is that they are quite tame in the bug department, compared to other states and their lakes. When I go to a lake in California, I don't worry about having to fight a mosquito with a baseball bat, and then cleaning up the remains with a shovel.

Also, we have weather like this:
Pretty much all the time during the summer.

Finally, at a lake you can go waterskiing and wakeboarding. I know that's possible at a beach, but it's not nearly as fun with the choppy waves.

All in all, if you were to offer me the choice between a lake house and a beach house in Northern California, I would choose the lake house hands-down. Now, if we were in Southern California, it would be a bit more difficult of a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment