Welcome text

Not ignoring the big things, just enjoying the little things.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I need a planner!!!

In school, I was never able to keep a planner. In fact, I think if there were a class that required me to use a planner, I would have failed that class. It was harder for me to remember to put things in a planner than it was for me to remember the homework assignments in my head. Now, I think I'm finally giving in. I'm freaking out with how busy I am, and whenever somebody asks me to hang out, my mind immediately says "NOO!!!!!! Too busy!!!!". If I had a planner, I could apply logic to override my brain's immediate reaction. I think if I were to keep it, I would nickname it "my agent" so when someone asks me if I had time to hang out or something I'd be able to say "Let me check with my agent." Sweet.

If I were to keep a planner, maybe I'd be able to do some analysis on how burnt-out I am after a given number of commitments. I'd also be able to see how how much free time I need to schedule every day to keep me sane. Then I'd be able to prune down my life and come up with a nice balance that would allow me to have enough time for me, my friends, and God.

Or maybe it would just be a wasted effort. Let's find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment