Welcome text

Not ignoring the big things, just enjoying the little things.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Now That's What I'm Talking About!

I had a great feeling today as I learned that a Visual Artists Fellowship is forming at my church. Now, I'm no visual artist, but I'm really excited about this because I recently had a vision for a ministry like it! This means that my vision was shared by someone else, and that person, being more qualified than me, implemented that idea. At first I was worried that my vision was just some personal desire to see our church foster art as worship, because music is just one form of worship that only certain people identify with. I sort of wrote about that in my post The Apple Church. It was relieving to see my vision was validated as another member of my church had a similar idea.

On a related note, a Jr. High student at my church is auctioning one of his paintings for VisionTrust. Here's a thumbnail:
Higher resolution picture  is here.

That kid's got amazing potential, and I really hope someone can invest in him and disciple him to continue improving, and making art for God's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment