Welcome text

Not ignoring the big things, just enjoying the little things.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Road Trip update 3: Colorado

Ok, so I've been in New Mexico for a few days, but I might as well have an update for every state, so here's Colorado.

In all honesty, I didn't like Colorado all that much. I found it to be like a giant Santa Cruz, without the beach. If I had been there on a weekend, I think it would have been more fun, and there would have been more night life to enjoy, but downtown Denver on a Wednesday night isn't all that fun.

I went to the Coors brewery, which was fun. It disappointed me that their best beer I got to taste was the Colorado Native, which is only sold in Colorado. At least it was an interesting tour, although kind of corny. I went from there to the New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, and that was okay, but not as good as some of the microbrews I like back in the bay area. I decided I was done with Colorado beer, and went to Boulder.

It's too bad I got to Boulder in the evening and had to be in New Mexico later that day, because I probably could have enjoyed some hiking trails in the Rockies. Boulder seemed like a college town, which is cool but it was a school night, so I didn't get to see much night life there either.

Maybe some day I'll head back to Colorado for some hiking, maybe even backpacking, but this trip it was sort of a bust.

1 comment:

  1. If I knew you were going to Ft. Collins I would have told you to try out Big City Burrito, they have amazing potato burritos. Well maybe next time you're there.

    ReplyDelete